We at Joyous Consultancy aim to provide you with vital knowledge to be able to provide great care to your tracheostomy patients. Understanding how to care for a tracheostomy tube is vital as it reduces infection and mortality rates.
Carers of tracheostomy individuals should therefore have knowledge of emergency equipment, tracheostomy tube changes, secretion management (this includes suctioning, humidification, tracheostomy occlusion, and others), and stoma care.
- Tracheostomy Training Course Summary. Applied anatomy and physiology.
- Infection control and prevention.
- Different types of tracheostomy
- Indications for tracheostomy.
- Complications of tracheostomy.
- Changing dressings and keeping the area clean. Fitting, managing and changing an inner cannula tube
- Suctioning a patient with a tracheostomy.
- Communication and care of a patient with a tracheostomy tube.
- Keeping accurate records.
- Full tube change procedure.
- Emergency tracheostomy management (resus) procedure and guidelines
- Practical session using mannequin & suction machine.
Joyous Consultancy, offer three (3) pricing packages of this Tracheostomy Management training course.
1. Half-day refresher
2. Full day with simulated competency
3. A full day of training