This course will give you a clear overview of how to effectively help patients with spinal cord injuries or conditions that will disrupt breathing. Teaching cough assists management techniques that strengthen cough in order to clear mucous and prevent illnesses like pneumonia and other chest complications. Allowing the patient to improve their quality of life.
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- Accurately define assisted cough.
- Recognize indications for assisted cough.
- Assisted Cough techniques.
- Breathing Instruction/ Retraining.
- Complications of assisted cough.
- Care Management long-term and short-term implications.